Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, October 01, 2017

cousins

There is something special about cousins. Instant friends.  And when your cousins live on the other side of the world its even more special being together.  The kids picked up right where they left off last year.  My kids talk about Isaiah and Gideon constantly and thanks to technology its fun to send videos back and forth.  FaceTime doesn't really work because they are waking up when we are going to sleep but we will take whatever time we can get. And thankfully we've been able to FaceTime a few times this past year. I'm not really close to my cousins and Brent doesn't have a single cousin.(really his family is him, his dad, and his uncle -so small) so we hope and pray these kids stay close all their lives.

Isaiah declared Colin his bff and was insistent that Colin was flying back with him on two planes and then a train ride to get home.  Sweet boy! I wish Colin could've flown back with him. And the way middle school is going I think Colin would've happily flown back with them! (school is starting to get a little better for him)
It was really nice to stay with them in the cabin at the wedding.  They were still on Japanese time so we would try to stay up as late as them but I would put my kids to bed and then Isaiah and Gideon could stay up. Then they could all play as soon as they woke up.

Angela and the boys left the wedding to go to Michigan to see her side of the family and go to her cousins wedding.  I'm so glad because she hasn't seen some of them in years.  And then on her way back from Michigan we all met in Blacksburg at mom and dads house and got another few days together.  I think it was the most time we've ever spent together.   It was nice not to have to say goodbye after the wedding.  It was a see you later and then we saw them a few weeks later.  I wish they lived close enough to do that often.

Norah told me the other day "Mommy you love Isaiah and Gideon so much" And I said yes, yes I do.



We tried several times to get a good picture of all the cousins.  When they were last here we surprised mom and dad at Christmas with a great picture of all the kids together.  Sorry mom and dad - this is the best we got this time! ha!
Isaiah was born in Japan, then lived in Germany and then moved back to Japan.  I think he has the cutest accent that I hope he never loses but the first night Brent told Angela "you can really tell he's from Japan.... since he speaks with a Chinese accent."  I don't think Brent will ever live that one down.






It was hard to say goodbye to Angela and the boys.  I keep praying they get stationed at Norfolk or at least in the United States.  Norah woke up the morning after we said goodbye sobbing and had meltdowns after meltdowns before school. She finally threw herself to the floor and cried "I miss my cousins!!!!"  And when I tried to console her with the fact we can try to facetime soon she cried even harder "BUT THEY ARE ON A PLANE NOW AND CANT FACETIME!"  

No comments: