Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, May 22, 2017

Canoeing

On mothers day these three made me breakfast in bed.  Colin made 6 eggs, three sausages and Norah insisted I have pancakes on top of that! I was well fed for the rest of the day.

After church I went for a long run while the kids cleaned the house for me and then we went canoeing.
Joel and Norah were in a canoe with me while Brent had just Colin.  It didn't seam fair but somehow my canoe was always faster than Brent and Colin.   Even with all the breaks Joel kept taking.  I used a kayak paddle and I think from now on thats how I will always canoe.  It made it much easier.
It was a beautiful park to canoe in and the kids loved it. I think we were out close to two hours on the water.
This boy.  He is so so sweet sometimes but also so hard other times.  On friday he came home with a bunch of mothers day crafts they made in school.  He was so proud to show me and even made coupons for me that he was eager to do.  That night I was putting Joel and Norah to bed by myself and asked Joel to go read/play in his room while I put Norah to bed. (Brent was still at Busch Gardens with Colin)  Norah just needs a book, song and she's out for the night typically.  Well that was the worst mother according to Joel and he kept crying that he had made all those mothers day crafts for nothing!!! NOTHING!!!!  All because I told him to go to his room, read a book, or play with his toys for just a few minutes.  Life is never boring with Joel.

I was surprised at how much he liked canoeing.  He did great and didn't complain at all.  He keeps asking when we are going back so I think we will be canoeing a lot this summer.

Blackie the horse came along with us.  Norah kept leaning to each side trying to scoop up the algae until I told her that we could tip over and there were snakes in the water.  She didn't really believe me about the snakes until Brent and Colin watched a snake fall into the water from a tree in front of their canoe.  Then she stayed perfectly still the rest of the time.










A beautiful day spent with my favorite people.

No comments: