Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, September 19, 2016

Hokie Weekend

 This boy is a good luck charm.  He has never seen the hokies lose at home.  Which is pretty amazing considering how many games he's been to. After last Saturdays awful game, Colin was a little nervous his streak wouldn't continue but I'd say 49-0 win over Boston College is not too bad at all. 



 She cried and cried last week when she realized we weren't going to the game and had to watch it on tv.  Its the cutest video how much she's crying about not seeing her hokies.  She was so excited to actually be there this week
 We had a family salsa competition.  Sarah, mom, Jeff, me, Joel, Colin and Brent all made different salsas.  Dad and Norah were the judges.

Colin and Joel came up with the awards.  I loved the I Tryed because Colin didn't want someone to go home without an award.  Joel threw a fit over making sure one award said Most Vegetablest and I was sure he would throw a fit if he didn't get that award but he didn't care.  Oh Joel You are so hard to figure out sometimes. 

  Mine was awful - pinterest fail right there but that's ok because there were plenty of other options to eat.  Don't make salsa with canned stewed tomatoes!  Dad at first gave me the sweetest award but then went on and on about how he hates stewed tomatoes and how slimy it was.  So I gave back the sweetest award and will gladly take  the I tryed because even I couldn't eat my saldsa!


 The moment Joel realized he was getting two awards and Colin realize he  lost to Brent for the most spicy.  And then Grandpa changed his mind and gave it back to Colin.
 Norah wasn't a fan of the crab meat jeff put in his but the rest of us liked it.  I think it was the most eaten award.





  





 I love how Norah is kissing the football players hand. She really loves her Hokies!
 Our seats were high up but the kids loved it since we had a whole row to ourselves and they liked climbing to the very top
 So excited




If she ends up at Tech I want to recreate this picture. Its crazy how it was 18 years ago that I was a freshmen. So much has changed yet so much still feels the same.  Virginia Tech has this slogan that THIS IS HOME and it is.  Colin wants to be an engineer and be in the corps which would be great and amazing.  His mother will be there all the time then! ha! maybe I shouldn't make that very clear until its official.  I know the kids might not go to Tech but I do hope wherever they go they fall in love with their school like I did. 

We drove back to the farm and the next day Norah sang her heart out.  She specifically packed that outfit to wear to the farm for Ant Ant.
Thanks mom and dad for the tickets! It was a great weekend!

No comments: