Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, August 29, 2016

Cruising

A few weeks ago my friend Stephanie asked if Norah and I wanted to go on the Princess Cruise with her and her daughter.  We signed up that night and Norah couldn't wait until it was time to meet the princesses. 
Norah planned her outfit carefully and then changed her mind and wanted me to bring her peacock princess outfit so halfway through we had a costume change. 





 Each princess came in and sang a song to the girls

 Norah was in awe for most of it.
 This one makes me laugh because neither girl was impressed! ha!
Norah danced the afternoon away on the dance floor.  She was so excited when the princess joined all the little girls on the dance floor.
Norah was looking to see if she could see the boys on their boat.

That same day the boys were all on the Truman Aircraft Carrier.  Joel was so excited he hopped out of bed at 5am. He usually is our harder child to wake up in the mornings.  They were all so excited.
Going over the tunnel

Brent and the boys were guests of Debbie and Captain Burley.  Its so fun to call him Captain Burley.  He has worked so hard to get that.  The boys had so much fun.  I asked Colin if it was fun seeing people salute Mr. Rod and he said "well they all basically salute each other" haha

The night before Colin was asking how we were related to Mr. Rod and Miss Debbie and I told them how my brother married their daughter so Angela is my sister in law.  So I said they were related in a round about way through marriage.  Colin declared them grandparents-in-law and I'm not sure that's a real thing but either way its been special to be apart of the Burley family the past 10 years.
No big deal - just sitting with the Admiral watching the planes take off and land.  Colin said that their rooms and bathrooms on the ship were like a hotel.  I think next time he needs to see where the enlisted men sleep.


The boys had so much fun on the ship and haven't stopped talking about it.  Brent said he felt so honored to be with Rod and Debbie the whole day.  They had an amazing experience on the boat.

It was a fun cruising day for us all. 

No comments: