Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Meet the teachers

Oh kindergarten...do you have to come so soon?  How has it been 5 years already? Joel goes from uncertainty about school to a little excited. Although he hasn't rubbed my pretty ears all summer and tonight they've been well rubbed!!!!!
His teacher is out on maternity leave until January but the long term sub is nice and his assistant teacher is wonderful. 
And it helps that Becca is in his class. I've been praying they would be together and it helps me to not only know that Joel has a friend but that becca loves to talk so I can find out all about Joel's day. 
Colin knows a few people in his class and is very excited to learn some engineering this year. My grandpa always wanted one of us to go into engineering (I like to think I was the closest and therefore the favorite since math is kind of similar!ha!) 
I was doing well until at the end when we were walking out. It's fun to see all the teachers and half the staff know Colin and clearly love him so that's always a great thing. But Joel put his arm around Colin and they walked down the hall together. I teared up watching them.
I'm not ready for school to start and hate that they will be gone during the day but I know Colin will look after his brother. There is no one Joel looks up to more
But until Tuesday we will try to forget about school and enjoy the last weekend of summer! 

No comments: