Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, June 16, 2014

Pool Party

We finally had Colins birthday party today. And thankfully it all worked out - even better than I thought.  He got to pick a few friends and invite them to a pool party. Half the kids weren't going to be able to come but Brent went and picked them up or we took them home while we worked around work/sibling schedules.  But we got most everyone there and it all worked out.  It was the perfect weather for a pool party and I think everyone had a great time. 
 After swimming for 3 hours they all walked back to our house to watch The Lego Movie and then had a huge water balloon fight outside. One of the kids told me it was the second favorite birthday party he's ever been to. When I asked what the first best party was he said paintball so I think it was a success to be right up there with paintball! 
But more importantly Colin had a blast and we only took them home when all these boys had eaten all our food.  Really - it was dinner time and I needed to go to the grocery store so there was no food left in our house for dinner besides plain pasta :) 

A great start to our summer vacation. 

Norah stayed with my parents and she keeps telling me "norah had fun with ma-ma-maa and grandpa" and all about what they did.  So she's not too mad at them for not getting to go swimming too.  They also bribed her with german chocolate and a stuffed animal from germany! 

No comments: