Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, June 21, 2014

First swim meet

We had our first swim meet this morning. Colin set his alarm last night and he and I were up and at the swim meet by 6:30!  I really love my Saturday mornings with colin. Brent kept Norah and Joel at home this meet since it was away. And the fact that they probably wouldn't have lasted the 6 hours we were there. 

Colin swam events 2 (relay) and 9 (free) and then waited a long time until event (41) for back  (51) for fly and (61) another relay. I was volunteering in the clerks of course this meet which kept me busy but it was fun to get to know a lot of the kids on the team. 
Colin was amazing! He placed 4th in both free and back (4th out of 20 swimmers in boys 7/8 age group) and second in butterfly!  So proud of my boy! 

And more importantly he dropped I think 14 seconds in his fly from time trials last week, 5 seconds in free and 8 seconds in back. Now granted time trials weren't an official meet but that's impressive. 

He is loving it and now wants to bring home a first place in butterfly next time! 

Joel is still in the guppy group but is also getting better. But I'm not sure he will move out of guppies this summer. The other day at practice his coach was having him work on backstroke and I saw him start rubbing his coaches pretty ears! Ha! He was nervous about floating on his back. He's getting better and loves going. Sometimes I forget he is only 4. 

I'm so glad they are both enjoying swimming. Norah has stopped asking/crying about swimming too during practice and made friends with some kids who are also waiting for their older siblings. Which is great since we have practice every day. She is very cute when we go to the pool in the afternoon and asks a few times Norah swim now? 


No comments: