Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Great Wolf

We just got back from a trip to Great Wolf Lodge.  My friend Heather sent me this homeschooling link where they had a special for half off your stay at Great Wolf this week so back in August we signed up and have been looking forward to it ever since.  At first Colin was so upset we were taking him out of school early on thursday but once he got there he quickly forgot about school.  (guess its good he loves school)

  We got up there Thursday afternoon and went straight to swimming with a break for dinner then the boys did more swimming. And then we swam most of Friday.
 

 We had a lot of fun.  We brought Ant Ant with us and it worked perfectly to have each child have an adult to stay with.  Thanks Ant Ant.  Norah couldnt do the big rides and Joel was a few inches too short to do this one terrifying tornado ride (I did ride it twice with Colin but after we had done it once with him he had to work to get us to do it again with him - I think Brent did it the most with Colin)  But Joel could do all the others and they all have fun going from ride to ride or just playing in the water.
  Norah loved Ant Ant's scarf.  And kept wanting to wear it.
 I'm pretty sure she wasn't going to give it back

Hey Norah do you want to give that raccoon a high five?
 NOPE!

I dont have many pictures inside the water park because we were busy riding rides and playing. Sarah has some really good ones. We liked it so much better than water country because you dont have to walk all over the park to get to a ride or wait for hours to ride one ride.  And we all loved the family hot tub.  Norah even started saying hot-t when she got cold and wanted to go in the warm water. 
It was a great trip and we are ready to go back anytime! Thanks heather for the discount code. We never would've done it without that. 

The only downside is that I started to feel sick about an hour before we left. I thought it was going down the tornado after eating lunch but I ended up throwing up the WHOLE way home with of course traffic being stopped on the bridge tunnel. Thank goodness I had a heavy duty plastic trash bag left in the car - otherwise we wouldn't have made it. And thankfully no one else got it.  It was still a great trip and a ton of fun. But I did lose about 5lbs so once I get my stomach back I wont have to feel guilty for all the christmas goodies the next few weeks :) 

No comments: