Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Pickin

We went to the pumpkin patch tonight but didnt realize until we got there that it was almost closing. So it was the fastest pumpkin picking we have ever done.  The Colin immediately picked the first one he saw and then Brent vetoed almost every one the boys found because they weren't having the full experience of finding the perfect one.  So I had to keep reminding Brent that it was about to close and to just let the kids pick a pumpkin. They boys each picked one so now we have two big ones to carve sometime soon.  








 Sometimes he's into pictures. Sometimes he's not.



 We then went next door to a farm/restuarant named Bergey's and ate dinner and pet some animals. The petting zoo is free and they also have a corn maze each year but this year when we finally went around to going it had blown down in a storm. But according to the workers it was amazing so we will try it next year.  The kids and I also joined a group and got a free hayride out of it.  There was a group playing in the barn and someone asked me if I was part of some roosevelt group and I said no but they kept talking to me and then the hayride pulled up.  The kids and I hopped on and left Brent wondering where we were while we were on this hayride. About halfway through the hayride I realized it was a private ride and they were with a party.  Good thing it was dark by then. I wasn't sure what to do and just hoping they wouldn't ask me too many questions since they were all very friendly and talkative. Someone also yelled to the whole hayride about having everything for s'mores and my kids were cheering with all the other kids.  How do you tear 3 kids away from that. We left right when they were starting  smores at a bonfire and thankfully found Brent and also the owner of the farm.Brent had enlisted her to help figure out where we were :) But she had a good laugh out of it and it made Brent and I like this place even more so we will definitely be going back again.
 

No comments: