Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Second grade

Today is the start of second grade.  It doesnt get easier sending him off but I'm not a basket case today like I have been in the past waiting for him to get home.  I am worried and hope he's having a great day but nothing compared to the last few years.  It helps that I really really loved his teacher.  I could've listened to her talk forever on back to school night. She is the perfect peronality fit for colin. And he's in the gifted cluster class which means his favorite teacher is going to come and do a ton of hands on activities with him.  And he was so excited to have so many friends in his class from past years.  So all in all I think it will be a really great year. At least I hope so. 
I had a hard time sleeping last night. Partly because Joel was up every hour and partly because I was nervous for Colin.  It also didnt help that he had written in his journal yesterday "its like I cant do anything. its like i am stranded in the ocean" Deep stuff from my boy. And actually pretty good. All over the fact that I bought a football to replace our now autographed worth money one and it was a lot bigger for him to handle.  He had a hard time throwing it and then came inside and wrote in his journal. Another entry was "my mom is making me clean my rom and i'm not even cleaning."    I hope he always writes in his journal so I can read it.  He started to do this all himself. 
 He's riding the bus to school this year. We have always taken him to school in the past. And he wanted to walk down all by himself. It didnt matter that we pointed out all the other parents standing at the bus stop with their kids - he wanted to do it himself.

  He was loaded down with school supplies. Hope everything made it off the bus and into his classroom.
It seemed a little too early for Norah.   
 She is still on summer time when everyone had begun to sleep past 8. 
She was pretty funny once she realized where Colin was going. 
 She didnt like that one bit and made a point to let me know that I needed to go get Colin and bring him back.


Then the bus came and took him away.  He was pretty fun to watch at back to school night waving to all the teachers and kids he knew.   I hope there is all smiles on him coming off the bus.

No comments: