Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Busy fun weekend.

 We just finished a very full but very fun weekend. And I'm very thankful Colin is off of school Monday so we can all relax.  I signed Joel up for a music class on Fridays and he is loving it.  We all are.  A friend teaches it and Norah is loving it too. But after music class the kids and I stayed to decorate for a Murder Mystery Party we were having with our community group.  We then left to pick up Colin and Brent and headed up to Richmond for the night. 
We destroyed Ant Ants apartment :)  And I think Colin kicked Ant Ant out of bed at one point during the night.

 But Saturday morning we woke up and the boys, Brent and I headed to the convention center for a Lego Convention.  The boys have been counting down for weeks for this.  Norah stayed with Ant Ant and had some girly fun.  And now when I say Ant Ant to Norah she smiles and giggles.  So cute. She had fun.  There is no way Norah would've lasted the whole morning at the Lego fun so I'm glad we left her (sorry Norah when you read this later you will be glad you were left and enjoyed time with Ant Ant)   Thanks Ant Ant.
 
 We weren't sure what to expect but everyone we had talked to that had gone in past years raved about it.  And with all the sessions sold out we figured it would be good.  And it was really fun. There was a lot of people. But they had it in such a way that there wasn't much wait - maybe 2 minutes to participate in an activity. And most of them there wasn't any wait at all.  There were different stations and areas set up for the kids to play with Lego's, compete for prizes (everyone won a prize so we came home with a bunch of Lego's packs for the boys) and build anything they wanted with Lego's. They really liked these ramps that they built cars and then raced down.
 We liked looking at all the Lego statues. Colin's favorite was Captain Rex.



 We even met our friends James and Zach there.  Colin on the way home said that was his favorite part - seeing Zach.  They built Lego's together and competed for prizes together. 
 There was one part where you built on a white Lego tile and they put it up on an art wall.  I didn't influence Colin at all in what to put but it made me happy :)  Smart kid. 
 
A super fun morning.  We will definitely go again.  We left and raced back to Ant Ants, picked up Norah and then got right back in the car to come home so Brent and I could go to our Murder Mystery Party.  We got home with just enough time for us to get dressed and head on over to the party.  It was snowing a lot so it made me nervous about the night since so much work went into planning it but it all worked out and was a really really fun night.  Thanks Mom and Dad for coming over and watching the kids. They also brought over presents from Japan so that was fun. Thanks for those too. The boys are now running around with ninja hoods on. 
We had the party in the studio of a friends house. A perfect place to have it.  A few guys built that bar Friday night at 11pm.  I told them I have a list of projects I'd like built if they can finish that in a few hours.
 I spent a lot of mornings hanging out with Meagan and planning it. So fun. It was a 1920s theme and we all had different characters and we all stayed in character the whole night.  It was fun.  Meagan and Clemma did such a great job designing the decorations. They have a gift for that which makes me glad they are my friends.


 

 I was Mabel Biggs the mayors wife and Brent was Southside Sal - the head of the southside mob ring. And I have to say when Brent came home I was still calling him Sal :) 


 One of Sal's mob buddies :)


It was a really fun day.  But for future I hope both don't end up on the same day :) 

Today I'm thankful for Sunday night church, the wii and lots of Lego's to put together.

1 comment:

Holly said...

the murder mystery was a ton of fun! many thanks to you and meagan for all of your hard work. :)