Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, January 06, 2013

Good Luck

 Its hard to believe another year is here.  Last year went by way too fast.  Besides the fact that Norah is here and trying to walk, it amazes me to think how fast the year went by each time I've gone into my kitchen this week.  We still haven't finished painting and doing some trim work.  That was going to just be a month or two later.  Now its almost a year later.  Crazy how fast it went. 
 We rang in the new year with some friends but called it an early night when it was time to go home and put the kids to bed.  I think we all left by 9ish maybe.  It was fun though and thanks Holly for offering your home.  Then on New Years Day we went over to yorktown for our black eyed peas.  I told the kids that they will get good luck if they eat the peas. The whole way over Colin kept asking "if I eat just one pea how much luck will I have?"  He ended up eating 2 bowls of peas and is determined he's having good luck because of it.  Joel yesterday put money in the gum ball machine and got two purple ones when he wanted a blue one and Colin is firmly convinced Joel doesnt have good luck because he didnt eat a single pea.  Norah loved them and Brent and I ate a few bowls full so this year should be a great year for
us. 
 


The kids enjoyed watching the birds and squirrels out the window.

No comments: