Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Uncle Re-Re & Lydia

 This past weekend Uncle Re-Re came to visit and brought his girlfriend Lydia. She flew in from Kansas City to meet us.  I've been looking forward to meeting her for the past few years (I think Brent met her once last year) I've always wondered who Regis would fall in love with and honestly been a little nervous of who he would end up with because if she didnt' like me then that might mean Brent and Regis wouldnt get to see each other very much. But on the other hand if she did like me then that would make it really fun to always get together and hang out - especially for me to have a girl to hang out with. So I was a little nervous but also excited to meet her. And I absolutely LOVE her so hopefully she feels the same or I might become some weird stalker wanting to hang out with her all the time :) 
 They are perfect for each other. Its really cute to see Regis with her.  They complement each other well. 
 We decided to go on a sailboat tour on the American Rover.  It just went to the opening of the bay and back but it was nice and relaxing. 
It was a sailboat so they had to set the sails or whatever you call it.  Colin got to help and hasn't stopped talking about it since. 



 I think they have been friends for 30 years or close to it.  Amazing - such a gift. 
 After the boat ride we went down to the beach since Lydia hasn't ever been in the Atlantic Ocean.  I forgot my camera but I got these adorable ones of Norah with Brents phone. 


 Oh those rolls.  I dont think I've ever seen anything cuter. It just might be my favorite picture ever. And that is a typical Norah face right now. 
The kids were intrigued with Regis and Lydia.  Colin didnt really remember Uncle Re-Re since it has been a while but Regis and Lydia quickly won over our kids. 
As you can see :)

Lydia is just wonderful. 

Thanks Uncle Re-Re and Lydia for coming to visit.  We loved having you and hope it wont be too long before we see you again. 

No comments: