Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, May 14, 2012

Stitches

Sweet Joel got stitches tonight. 
 
Sliced his eyebrow on the edge of our tv stand.  Matches his other scar on the other eyebrow (when he was 1 he was walking with a Tupperware container on his head and fell and cut the eyebrow. Hair doesn't grow on that spot.  At least he will look symmetrical now)  We learned after last time when Colin got stitches to go straight to the children's hospital.  Brent was there for almost 5 hours.  Didn't help that Brent never answered his phone.  After a few hours I was so worried at home thinking maybe they never made it to the hospital.   I even called the hospital - since I knew it wasn't as bad as Colin's chin hanging out. And made Sarah worry too by my phone calls every few minutes.  Brent said that Joel was so easy for the doctor. I think part of it was that he was getting stitched at 11pm and was half asleep.  He is very proud of his bandaid and the toy the doctor gave him.  And now I'm going to bed and snuggle with my boy who I will gladly let rub my ears all night long. 

No comments: