Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, April 19, 2012

1 month

Sweet baby girl is 1 month old today.  Its hard for me to believe. Its been a much easier transition going from 2-3 kids than it was going from 1-2.  Except at bed time where the boys were used to each having a parent.  Now they have to share Daddy while Mommy paces/dances around the house with a fussy Norah.  So thats been difficult lately.  And thats usually her only fussy time.  She's pretty content to be held all day.  She'll sleep if she's held.  If put down she'll wake up.    I love holding her and the boys don't seem to mind.  They worry about her when she cries and make sure I pick her up right away.  But today Joel did squish her cheeks just to make her say "wah" since he thinks its funny "he's trying to talk"  
I'm trying to just soak up this newborn stage since I know it wont last forever.  I love her smell, and the way she moves her hands, and the sweet baby's breath.  She's started smiling which is just amazing and making little coos.  We love the little noises and grunts that she makes. And she's a great sleeper at night. One night she slept a 5 hour stretch and Joel stayed in his bed all night.  So we're feeling pretty rested for having a newborn. 
 She's getting so big.  I think next month when I take her picture she wont be able to fit on the bed.
 And those cheeks.  LOVE THEM!

 Norah started scooting while I was taking pictures and ended up half off the bed.  I hope she forgets about that nonsense for a few more months.  My babies seem to want to grow up too fast. 
Our precious baby girl.  Colin asked me the other night when I was going to have another baby. (I'm pretty sure we're done) But I asked him if he remembered how sick I was with Norah and couldn't play or do too much of anything and his response was "Oh I remember but she was worth it"  And she is.  Every bit of it and more. 

No comments: