Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, July 19, 2021

4th of July

We were all excited when the city decided to have fireworks this year for the 4th.  Ours are always held on the 3rd.  It was a perfect night for listening to the band and letting the kids run around and play.  



She told me she wasn't afraid of fireworks anymore...



She had carefully planned her patriotic outfits for the entire weekend.

Then the next morning I woke up everyone at 6:30 to get to the Yorktown parade. It was the only city doing a parade for the 4th so we thought it would be pretty good. 






It was the fife and drum corps and then the rest was all politicians. I don't think they will let me wake them up early next year but it doesn't feel like the 4th of July without a parade. 

We stopped in williamsburg to see Jeff at his store and then headed home for a cookout at our friends house.  They had bought fireworks from south carolina back in the fall. 

The kids set up their chairs. 

And then one went sideways! All the kids but one girl jumped into the pool.   Thankfully no one was hurt but now Norah told me she is still a little afraid of fireworks. 

They watched the rest like this. 

Joel told me on the way home that the fireworks was an answer to prayer. He had asked God to show up that day and he told me "God showed up. None of us got hurt" 

 

No comments: