Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Fifteen

I can't believe he is already fifteen. In 6 months he will get his permit and start learning to drive and in a few years will be headed off to college.  There really is no one like him.  My friend Holly told me how amazing Colin is the other day. How he can easily go from playing with a bunch of 5 years olds to having conversations with adults.  He gets along with everyone and is so loved but us all. 

He made a comment a few months ago how he gets bored at his desk doing all his virtual zooms so he mentioned maybe getting a fish to watch.  So meet Joseph. So far a fish and guinea pig are pets I can handle at the moment. 

The plan had been for weeks if he got his brace off he would take off school and Brent would take him to Bush Gardens.  He was thrilled when his brace came off but then Brent had to work.  And I would've loved to take him to Busch but I can't handle rollercoasters at all. And he insists on sitting in the front row each coaster.  Brent planned to take him on Sunday so he had something to look forward to.

So then I thought to take him to the indoor skydiving place.  Norah loved it and its something Colin has wanted to do.  But the more I thought about it the more I wasn't sure with his arm if he could do it.  I called the orthopedic doctors office and talked to the nurse who then talked to several doctors.  Apparently no one had ever asked that question.  They looked into it and called me back and said technically he could but they wanted him to wear his brace. But if he were to bump against the sides he could break his fingers.  So we decided to give him an IOU and not chance it.  

So Putt-putt it was. We went to a course we had never been and it was bigger and more impressive than the other ones we had done.  Colin said it was better than he was expecting. 





Joel is really good at putt-putt.  Got a few holes in one (which greatly bothered his competitive sister) and had to wait almost every hole for the rest of us. 





Brent met us at the end of putt0-putt and we went out for mexican food. 

I made him a snickers ice cream cake and he had a piece after lunch but we lite candles when everyone was home again for him. 


Its become a tradition on their birthdays where we all go around and say things we like about the birthday person.  Joel said "Colin makes me feel like I can do anything.  He is the one I go to first for everything. He protects me and encourages me."  

Everyone really should have a Colin in their lives.  This boy is pretty amazing. 

No comments: