Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, February 04, 2021

Canaan

For Christmas we gave Colin a ski trip. The original goal was to take him over the holidays but his tongue surgery put a hold on that. It took a while for Colin to gain his strength back so we were thinking of going the beginning of February. Then when I was tutoring last week my student mentioned that we had Monday and Tuesday off. I had completely forgotten about the semester break. So we started looking up which would be better to go for lift tickets. So we planned this all within a day. We had originally thought we would go to Blacksburg and leave Joel and Norah with  mom and dad and take Colin but that didn't work out so a gift for Colin ended up being a gift for us all. 
The only place that had lift tickets left was Canaan Valley.  So we headed up there. We ended up going up late Saturday night because of a big snow storm that was coming. I'm glad we did.  It snowed the entire time we were there. Made it even more magical for the kids.

The resort was fantastic. Barely anyone there. And once we were there we didn't have to leave to do any of the activities. 

We took the kids ice skating. 

Joel: "Why do you make me do dangerous things!" He hated ice skating.



I haven't ice skated in 20 years and would just like to say I impressed my kids. All those years roller blading. Guess its like riding a bicycle. 




My favorite thing we did was go cross country skiing. So exhausting but the trails they had made us feel like we were in Narnia.








Definitely Narnia!














 

No comments: