Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

So brave

This boy is my hero


He had his tongue surgery last week.  And it was pretty horriffic.  For reference I had 3 stitches in my tongue. He has 8-10.  The surgeon said he had to go really deep to get out the infected tissue. He sent it all off to get another biopsy to make sure its all just infected tissue.  We go back January 7th to get those stitches out.  The ride home the pain meds wore off and he was sobbing. He didn't cry once in the hours before his broken wrist was set.  This time has been awful.  He is still  in so much pain.  He is so scared he will have to go through it all again.  Thankfully his mother has gone through it and knows what to do and what not to do. I talked and tried to eat way too soon.  And had to go through a second surgery because of that. So I'm very strict with Colin not talking. The doctor has him on a liquid diet the next 2 weeks. He is so hungry and his tongue is still so swollen. And through it all he is such a sweet pleasant kid.  Joel and Norah spent hours sitting next to him playing just to be near him. 

I've wondered this whole time why two people in our family have had weird strange tongue surgeries. If there was a connection and how to prevent it.  I've spent years researching my issues so I don't ever have to go through that again.  Seeing your son go through similar experiences is heartbreaking. I was praying for Colin the other night and to be honest complaining that our family has to go through this again but I heard God say that I went through it first so I would be able to help Colin heal through his. I’d go through it again to help him. But I think we can both say we wouldn’t wish this on anyone. 

 

No comments: