Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Deck the Halls

 They all talked me into getting a real tree again this year.  I'm sure the tree guy thought it was strange that I didn't go near any of the trees and stood far away and said that one looks good enough.  But so far it hasn't been too bad and I only took allergy medicine for a week and then stopped. I did make an evergreen wreath for the front door and my hands broke out in a rash for a few days after that.  So when it came to the tree Brent and the kids were in charge and it came out looking great.


 Joel and Norah were excited to show off their ornaments they made at church
 And then when I was trying to get everyone together for a picture I glanced over and saw this. They were standing this way all on their own.


We started hanging our lights outside the Sunday before thanksgiving.  It was a nice day so I talked Brent into starting. I figured a few days wouldn't matter and we should take advantage of the nice weather.  As soon as we started  the boy across the street rode his bike up the sidewalk and started lecturing us about the importance of remembering Thanksgiving.  People overlook that holiday and then forget to be thankful.  Then he got back on his bike and rode away.  Brent was up on a ladder dying laughing. He felt justified in his arguments earlier about waiting.   It ended up taking about a week to finish.  We didn't go all out but half the strands weren't working and we had to find the timers and extension cords for the lights. So in the end we were glad we started early. But next year when I try to start early I'm sure Brent will remind me of this and the importance of remembering thanksgiving.

No comments: