Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, April 22, 2016

My artist

My mom has an art degree.  Sarah has an art degree.  Mary has an industrial design degree. 

I have a math degree. 

So clearly my brain thinks completely different.  HA! I take after my dad and his science degrees I guess. 

But I've always been surrounded by artists.  In fact Sarah just sent a group family text saying she's in some art show soon. 

I love art and greatly appreciate it and am constantly amazed at the art work Joel does. 
He came home with this last week. 

Every day he gets home from school I love looking through his folder and I always flip over the worksheets because his doodles in class are amazing.  I'm planning on making a book at the end of the year of all his worksheets/doodles.  His teacher lets him doodle after he's finished his work and its fun to see the way his brain works.  There was a month he was constantly drawing zombies!

This week Joel was sick with a high fever for several days. Just when I would think it was over he would start running 102 temp.  Thankfully he was back at school today and feeling better but he was devastated he had to miss Thursday because Thursday is art class. 

So we had our own.  Joel and Norah spent hours at the table drawing.  We looked up some art classes online and they had a great time.



 He loves art and is just so happy when hes sitting and creating.  Colin lives and breathes basketball but Joel and sports could take it or leave it.  Art is his thing and he is so creative.  I'm always finding stuff he creates.  He will come home and go in the office and take a magazine and cut and paste and make different things. 
I'm trying to find a close art class that Joel can take but for now we will keep doing online classes.
Little miss also loves drawing and painting but has her own supplies because she breaks crayons and leaves tops off markers.  This is her face when Joel wouldn't let her use one of his fine tipped markers because she isn't very careful with those. 


No comments: