Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Nine

This boy turned 9 last week! And I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that fact. How has half his childhood gone already? In 9 more years he will be considered an adult! 

He's such a great boy. I'm sure he will have his moments but he's so easy going and makes being his parents pretty easy. 

He's kind and respectful and rarely do you have to tell him something twice. 

He is a great helper with his brother and sister. Although he is a quiet instigator and knows just how to push their buttons always with an innocent look on his face and a big grin. But we are on to him most of the time.

Colin reminds me of a combination of his grandpa and uncle opie. He can read something once and always remember it. He's always spouting off random facts and they are always right. He loves to read and I'm having fun exploring new book series with him. Somehow I'm not sure he'd go for Anne of green gables! Ha! But it's fun to get into his world. 

I'm hoping that the next few years slow down but I'm afraid they will fly by just like these last 9 years. It's really true how you blink and they are so much older. But a 9 year old is awesome and so much fun. 


We had his spring pulmonology appointment  the day after his birthday and we got the go ahead to take him off his inhaler for the summer. Three years ago the doctors were running tests to rule out cystic fibrosis because his lungs were so bad. Colin prayed since then for his asthma to go away completely. He's never wavered from believing that. Colin has this belief in God that didn't come from me. I doubt God all the time and instead of teaching Colin, he's the one teaching me all the time. We are trying him off his inhaler this summer and if that goes well will take him off all medicine in the winter and see how that goes. (He takes a pill every night)  Colin is one excited boy and I'm one grateful thankful mother. 


No comments: