Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow!

 So we woke up to a surprise this morning.  It actually snowed!  We were supposed to just get rain but it didn't stop me from texting with a few friends about the snow dances we were doing hoping for snow.  But I was surprised along with the kids. The kids woke up and were dressed and out the door before breakfast. 
This picture makes me laugh.  Its almost as if they are each thinking "really mom? we came outside for this pitiful amount of snow?"  After last winter this was a pitiful amount but still fun to play in all morning. 


 Theres a little more enthusiasm....
 maybe!  ha!
 We did snow angels and then went down to the pool to go sledding.  We were the only ones there - probably because most everyone else was still sleeping. 


(they had to check on their fish)

I left my camera at home but its nice to have my cell phone.  We went up and down the small hill for over and hour and a half.  The kids went until there was no snow left on the hill. 

We came home and made breakfast and then watched the sun come out and melt all the snow away.

The kids did go outside and save snow for snowcones.

  The kids didn't get a real snow day. It was already a day off for a teacher workday.  But there is talk of more snow coming next week so we are hopeful (although I did see one model change the snow to rain already)  I'll take snow over the weeks of rain we've been having anyday. 

No comments: