Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, May 05, 2011

FIVE

We have a five year old at our house today - and for the next year until he goes and adds another year (wish he would stop doing that)
He has repeatedly said throughout the day that its been the best day ever. 
 Colin opened up a few presents this morning and we opened up a few more after dinner. And for his birthday dinner he requested Chick-fil-a. 
  We spent the morning at the Botanical Gardens with some great friends.  I'm looking forward to going a lot this summer with our membership pass.   
 They all threw pennies into a fountain and I heard Colin giving his wish "I wish I could get all the things I wanted.  AMEN"  haha I think wish and prayer might be the same thing for him. 
 
 Noah and Adah gave Colin a Lego helicopter that he spent the afternoon building and playing with.  In Colin's words "Noah picked the best gift - its just what I wanted"
I can't believe he's five already. I'm so glad he had a great birthday.  And had the best day ever.

2 comments:

k.oldt said...

Happy Bday wish we were there to celebrate!

Michelle said...

We have a 5 year old, too! GAH! I remember being that age. Hard to believe that time is flying by so fast.