Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, May 12, 2008

Colin-isms

This weekend we made eee-aha's with a-ha-ha-ha (or cookies with chocolate) Colin is talking more and more and developing a big vocabulary but he also has come up with his own language for some things. And there are moments that are very frustrating for both of us since he tries to tell me something and I don't know what he was saying. But for the most part I can figure out his new language. He can say orange but eee-ah is cookie. Go figure. He has also started singing songs. Yesterday in the store he broke out with a pretty good version of head/shoulders/knees and toes. And his new favorite song is from book that plays Oh Little town of Bethlehem and he sings along. You can pick up the melody but not much else. But I'm sure by Christmas he'll be ready for caroling! But his secret language is really cute and here are some of my favorite Colin words.

eee-ah = cookies
a-ha-ha-ha = chocolate or sometimes candy
ba = stairs (if your upstairs it means he wants to go downstairs but if you're downstairs he wants to go back up stairs)
ba-ba = pacifier
heh-heh-heh = his blankie (not to be confused with the above chocolate)
eee-at or sometimes ah-eet = cereal (also not to be confused with cookies)
oh-woh-woah = peanut butter (this came from a song about peanut butter)

There are more but these are the ones I can remember at the moment. I'll post more as he says them throughout the day. Its become part of my language too now so they don't stand out as much since I know exactly what he is saying.

No comments: