Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, January 19, 2007

Go Back to Sleep!


So here is a short story but a sweet one. The other night I was heading to bed from putting Colin back to sleep (yes, a theme that doesn't seem to be going away). I slowly get back in bed when Abigail rolls over on her back. She says in a low voice, "Colin is spitting all over me!" I then sit up a little bit awaiting another great one-liner from a sleep deprived mom. "Wipe his mouth, WIPE HIS MOUTH!" I begin to laugh under my breath wondering how to respond. Now minutes after responding to her, I just lay there trying to think of what I "should" have said to her. Basically I said what any good natured husband would say. "Okay sweetie, now go back to bed." But what I "could" have said would have been something like, "oh my gosh there's spit EVERYWHERE! Babe, get out of bed, we're all soaking wet. What are we going to do!" haha

But alas, I was not thinking when I replied to her, and the funny story ends there when it could have been even better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories Brent!

Anonymous said...

It's okay Abigail...I sleep walk and sleep talk! :-D