Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Our week

So on paper this week stinks. I have had someone throwing up for the past 6 days. Norah and joel have thrown up at the same time. I've thrown up with them cleaning up their puke. We had a plumber over here to fix a leak and realized we had termites. Now a gut job will have to be done on the bathroom. Pest control guys were here today getting rid of the nasty bugs. And now my car won't start and our mechanic might be out of town. Just in time for spring break where I had fun things planned...provided the puking stops of course.

But other than that it hasn't been too bad. Normally I would be a crying overwhelmed mess but I had to laugh tonight when my car wouldn't start. I'm almost afraid of what will happen next. All those things will eventually get fixed. My kids will hopefully wake up feeling better and if we can't get the car fixed this week then I will come up with new things to do during our spring break. I did stock up on batteries for the wii remotes tonight :)

Colin and I ate what has become our traditional last supper meal alone together because Brent was still working and I wasn't about to give the other kids any food until they stop bringing it back up again. And even he laughed that it was just the two of us.

But there have been lots of snuggles, lots of love and patience from joel when Norah cries nonstop all day long, lots of my pretty ear rubbed and a cute 3 year old whispering over and over with throw up breath "I love you mommy" (it's so sweet and precious but at the same time so gross) Joel and Norah have had it the worst - of course since they are the two who can't make it to the bathroom :)

But tonight I went to watch Colin perform in his P.E. program and be so cute. He was so serious and proud up there performing. i got it all on video if anyone wants to come watch. There was a point in the program where they invited sibling and parents up to dance with them. Colin wanted joel to do it and begged me to go up with him since joel was at home with Brent and Norah. I hate getting up in front of people, let alone dance in front of them. But I did it for Colin and the look on his face was priceless and worth going. And right now I'm hoping no one got it on video.

It can only go uphill from here right?






No comments: