Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, January 20, 2014

Joels' imagination

 There are two things lately that Joel only wants to play. Hero Factory and Lego Star Wars.  But its all things he's imagined.  He's made our people from his hero factory guys and he has it all planned.  My hero is Belize and he protects his best friend Queenie but bad hero factory guys keep arriving to take over our planet. 


 This day a giant frog came and tried to destory our homes.
 Mine is the one on the right. He's had to earn his weapons and at this point I'm very proud of all the weapons I've gotten :) 
 Then he will switch to lego star wars. With all his lego figures but his own play.  One day Jabba the hut came and took the lego girls to his house (kinda like he did leia in the movie) and my clone troopers had to go save the girls.  Although sometimes I get the clone troopers confused with the storm troopers and get corrected very quickly. 

 Its getting very detailed and we just start off the next day from whatever battle we left off the day before.  Its fun to see his imagination.  But I do admit that there are days when I try to bribe him with tv or the ipad because mommy just needs a break since we've already been playing hero factory for hours and norah just went to sleep and mommy needs a few minutes to rest and not have some bad guy attacking me. That only lasts a few minutes and then he' ready to play again.

And then sometimes Norah wants me to play in her room with her and this was Joel's face when he realized that Hero factory or lego star wars game was going to have to wait until a cooking session was over.  I mean really to a boy is there any comparison? 

No comments: