Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Strawberry Picking


The kids had been asking if we could still go strawberry picking. I had been watching the Facebook pages of the strawberry fields in our areas and finally saw that they were open for picking. They said if you wear a mask you could go pick. So one day last week I surprised the kids and drove them to pungo pizza to pick up food. We ate it in the car and then drove to pick strawberries. 

Colin told me while we were eating “thanks mom. I needed to get out of the house” I think we are all feeling this quarantine. 












Brent said the kids look mad. Norah kept telling me she was smiling! Joel said we will never know if he was smiling or not.  It’s the masks. When I go to the grocery store everyone looks angry behind their masks.




It was a beautiful day and good to keep a tradition alive. Strawberries and pungo pizza are always our favorite. We are hoping that by the time blueberry picking starts we can actually go inside pungo pizza.

No comments: