Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, May 06, 2018

Twelve

Yesterday Colin turned 12.  I cant believe its been 12 years already.  The last  year before Colin officially becomes a teenager.

I asked Colin what he thought about turning 12.

"Birthdays are always fun. Not having to clean at all. I guess I feel older.... getting to my adult years. Ummmm I don't know. I feel kinda the same. Not really any different. I'm not a different Colin thank I was yesterday - still sorta the same. I have to be honest I feel the exact same as yesterday."

haha - but I have to say I think he had a pretty fun day.

He woke up at 6am to play xbox with his friends. He loves to sleep in so that surprised me until he told me his friend Adam only gets to play video games on the weekend. Colin only gets a little bit of video games each afternoon but this week his little brothers attitude got video games and tv taken away from all of them for several days. So Colin was excited to play all morning.
He gets on and plays with his friends and they talk through their headsets.  Its fun to hear them talk while they are playing.  A lot of it is about the game they are playing but then they will start talking about their day and maybe what someone said during science class.  You sit and listen long enough and you can get a lot of good information. 

We had been trying to figure out what Colin wanted to do on his birthday but he kept saying his birthday was so far away. In mid April I asked again and he said his birthday was still 13 days away and he had time.  So a few days before his actual birthday he decided he wanted to take some friends and play laser tag.  All but one boy could go.  Brent said of course everyone wants to come - Colin is such a great kid.  And he really is. He is so easy going and just fun to be around.   
 Norah held her own with all those boys. Shes the glowing person in the picture.
Its his last year before he becomes an official teenager.  Sometimes I can hardly believe it.  I told him the other night that he used to be my biggest snuggler.  And now he rarely snuggles. So then he came over and gave me a big hug.   And I know that's normal but sometimes its hard on his momma seeing him grow up so fast. But it is such a privilege to watch this boy grow up and be his parents.
And a night playing laser tag with a bunch of 6th grade boys is really fun and hilarious.   It was fun to put faces to the names we've been hearing about and it really was such a great group of boys. Colin knows how to pick good friends.  Colin kept thanking me over and over.  I think our last minute plans ended up pretty well.  He said it was an awesome day.

Happy Birthday Colin!  We love you!

No comments: