Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, May 21, 2018

Beach Day



Sunday was the perfect end to a really hard week.  I woke up with the beginning of a corneal ulcer on the day of my follow up appointment with my oral surgeon. I could barely open my eye to drive to my doctors appointment.  My surgeon walked in and was like "woah whats wrong with you" haha (I suffered through the eye pain a few days before going to the eye doctor - I thought it was pink eye but definitely not!) My tongue biopsy came back benign again but he was surprised at the results. It was a growth growing in my tongue that would've kept growing and was caused by trauma from the first surgery.  I have really babied by tongue this time and thought it was getting better. I had chaperoned Norah's field trip to the zoo and hosted our neighborhood game night the previous week.  But I might've been a little too eager to talk and eat (and by eat I mean mashed potatoes and soft foods) This week my tongue has been even more swollen and painful, its harder to talk, and just downright depressing.  I'm back on limited talking and a liquid diet. My doctor wants me to really baby my tongue so hopefully it can heal. I really really don't want to do this again. I have added more foods thanks to James. He told Sarah for me to try these baby food pouches. I was already doing the applesauce pouches but he said it was like a smoothie.  I guess Angela had bought some for Gideon but Gideon didn't like them.  They kept disappearing  haha James was eating them! But it has helped!
So a beach day at the end of a long depressing week was just what I needed.

And what the kids needed too!
This child is looking way too old lately.  The other day we were in Target together just Colin and I. He had some birthday money he wanted to spend.  So we were at the check out line and he went first with his transaction and he paid and then waited for me. I had Colin talk for me since I cant communicate very well.  The cashier made some comment about me being his sister.  I think the cashier was just being nice but Colin was so amused by it and told me as we were leaving that it must be because he's getting taller.  Either way I'll take that compliment!






Ant Ant came down for the weekend.  She watched the kids while Brent and I had our yearly company dinner.  All expense paid fancy dinner on the company and I all could eat was soup broth and sorbet and I could barely talk.  I told everyone we need to do it again when I can talk and eat. But the kids had so much fun with Ant Ant.  They played HORSE and Joel didn't believe the rules of the game.  He keeps saying they made him shoot the basketball in weird positions and then kept giving him letters! That's not how the game is played!
Heres hoping for a better week this week!

No comments: